Showing all 2 results
Methadone is a generic medication that comes under branded drugs such as Dolophine and Methadose. The general purpose of this medicine is to treat chronic pain and also to treat individuals who are addicted to heroin and other narcotic drugs. This medication is a prescription-only medicine. You can buy Methadone online for fast delivery.
Methadone is a long-acting opioid medicine. This drug belongs to the class of medications known as opiate (Narcotic) analgesics. For the treatment of pain in around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment this medication is prescribed by healthcare professionals.
This medication was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of chronic pain in 1947. Rather than this, in the early 1970s after various trials and research, this drug was found suitable for use in the treatment of individuals who are opiate addicted. This addiction is often known by the name of Opioid Use Disorder (OUD).
Method To Buy Methadone Online?
You can buy Methadone Online from a known and reputed online pharmacy and through telepath health appointments. But in order to do so be sure that the pharmacy is genuine by looking into it.
Comparing the Mechanism of Action and Effectiveness of Methadone:
Mechanism of Action of Methadone:
In terms of full agonist action at the mu-opioid receptor, Methadone is a synthetic opioid analgesic. In addition to acting as an agonist of k- and o- opioid receptors within the Central Nervous Systems (CNS), Methadone also functions as an agonizing agent of the mu-opioid receptor.
The anti-NMDA (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptor antagonistic action of Methadone and its potent suppression of serotonin and norepinephrine uptake. It is probably also responsible for its antinociceptive action. Set it apart from morphine, which is regarded as the gold standard reference opioid.
Effectiveness of Methadone:
The onset effects of Methadone start in about 30 minutes after being taken orally. Whereas, the peak effects of the medication may be felt in about 3 hours after taken. The half-life of this drug is considered to be 15 hours. However, with repeated doses the half-life can be increased to 24 hours.
Uses and Doses of Methadone:
Uses of Methadone:
Methadone drug is specifically used for the treatment of chronic pain and opioid use disorder. Take a look at its usage.
1. Chronic Pain (CP) – Methadone plays a vital role in the treatment of chronic pain. It aids in providing effective relief for individuals suffering from CP. This drug is a long-term opioid so it offers long-acting pain control.
Methadone has lower side effects of neurotoxic side effects and constipation in comparison to other opioids.
2. Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) – For those who are battling OUD, this medicine is included in Medicine-Assisted Treatment (MAT) regimens. Methadone distinguishes itself from all other analgesics by being a member of the narcotic analgesic class.
This drug helps patients cut back on or completely stop using heroin or other opioids by reducing cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Doses of Methadone:
Methadone is available in the forms of oral tablets, dispersible tablets, oral solutions, oral concentrate solutions, and injectable solutions. The dosage strengths of Methadone are mentioned below including the forms.
- Oral Tablet – 5 mg and 10 mg.
- Dispersible Tablet – 40 mg.
- Oral Solution – 5 mg / 5 ml and 10 mg / 5 ml.
- Injectable Solution – 10 mg/ml.
- Oral Concentrate Solution – 10 mg/ml.
Working – Functioning of Methadone
Let’s unveil the function of Methadone.
One effective method of treating pain is Methadone. By changing the way the brain and nervous system react to these upsetting impulses, Methadone turns into a dependable ally. Methadone aids in reducing feelings of pleasure as well.
This substance effectively deters the use of heroin, codeine, and many other opioids. This medication becomes an effective tool for reducing cravings and withdrawal symptoms since it blocks their enjoyable effects.
The pain signals are interfered with by methadone. This drug has the extraordinary ability to halt the complex process by which neurons send pain signals from the brain to the body. This medicine significantly lessens the degree of pain by deflecting and interrupting pain signals. Methadone is a great option for treating chronic pain because of its unique quality.
Potential Side Effects and Risks of Methadone:
Common Side Effects:
- Upset stomach
- Itchy skin
- Increase in weight
- Excessive sweating
- Sexual Problems in Men
- Dry mouth
- Trouble in sleeping
- Loss in appetite
- Blurred vision
- Abdomen pain
- Mood swings
Serious Side Effects and Risks:
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Swelling in throat, lips, or tongue
- Shallow breathing
- Fast heartbeat
- Feel of light-headedness
Alternatives to Methadone:
1. Naltrexone – Naltrexone is a generic medication that is sold under the brand name Revia. This medicine is considered the best alternative to Methadone as it is approved by the FDA for the treatment of ODU and alcohol use disorder. This drug is not an opioid and even don’t have the potential for addiction or drug abuse.
2. Buprenorphine – Subutex is the branded medication for this generic medicine. This drug is a partial opioid agonist that is approved by the FDA for treating patients with OUD. This medication is a prescription-only medicine.
3. Vivitrol – This medication is part of Naltrexone or we can say this form is another name of Naltrexone. This drug is the injection formulation of Naltrexone. This medicine is used for the treatment of individuals who are drug or alcohol dependence.
4. Suboxone – Suboxone is another branded medication for Buprenorphine (generic medicine). The primary role of this drug is to combine Buprenorphine with Naloxone. This drug helps in easing the symptoms of OUD symptoms.
5. Sublocade – Same as Vivitrol, this drug is also an injection form of Buprenorphine that is used to treat individuals with opioid dependence.