Showing all 3 results
Dilaudid 2 mg$533.00 – $1,507.00 Buy Now
Dilaudid 4 mg$538.00 – $1,514.00 Buy Now
Dilaudid 8 mg$548.00 – $1,519.00 Buy Now
Dilaudid is the branded medicine for the generic drug called Hydromorphone. Hydromorphone is also known by another name, Dihydromorphinone. This medication belongs to the class of drugs known as Opioids or Narcotic Analgesics. You can buy Dilaudid online from a reputed and known online pharmacy.
Generally, this medication is used for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. Dilaudid comes in the category of medicines that occur naturally in the poppy plants or as synthetic derivatives of the plant.
If we take reference from research done by the United States Drug Enforcement Agency (USDEA) in comparison to morphine, Dilaudid is approximately 8 times stronger than morphine.
How can you buy Dilaudid online?
You can buy Dilaudid online with/without a prescription from a known and trusted online pharmacy. But in order to choose such a pharmacy, you will have to look at reviews and delivery proof to identify genuine websites.
Comparing the Mechanism of Action and Effectiveness
Let’s take a look at the mechanism and efficacy of Dilaudid.
Mechanism of Action:
Dilaudid is an opioid agonist. An agonist is a chemical substance that activates the receptor to produce a biological response. So, this opioid agonist binds to various kinds of opioid receptors. It is suggested that the pain-relieving effects of these agonists are directly associated with the effects of mu-opioid receptors.
If we consider the similarities for the receptors, then it is also reported that mu-opioid receptors have little similarities for kappa and delta receptors. Rather than this, Dilaudid is also known to work and function at the level of the medulla (medulla oblongata), which is the connection between the spinal cord and brainstem to depress the respiratory drive and force the cough to stop.
Immediate-Release (IR) and Extended-Release (ER) are the two formulations of Dilaudid. IR form starts working immediately or you may achieve relief from the pain in about 20-30 minutes after taken orally and may last around 3-4 hours.
On the other hand, ER variation may start its effect about 6 hours after being consumed and may last for 13 hours when taken.
Uses and Doses of Dilaudid:
Let’s explore the two main elements of Dilaudid which are usage and dosage. Take a quick look at its uses and doses.
Dilaudid is a branded medication of Hydromorphone (the generic name of the medication). Dilaudid is considered an opioid pain-relieving medication. This drug is used for the treatment of any kind of pain whether it is mild, moderate, or severe. In simple words, we can say that whether the pain is average, medium, or harsh, then this medication may help you to get relief from these pain complications. Sometimes, this medication is also prescribed to patients who are suffering from cough.
Dilaudid is not to be used for purposes that are not approved for this particular medication such as stomach or bowel blockage. Seeking consultation from your healthcare expert is mandatory before taking this medication for pain complications.
Let’s learn about the doses and dosage strengths of Dilaudid.
Dilaudid is available in a variety of forms such as IR and ER oral tablets, injection solutions, oral liquid, suppositories, and prefilled syringes.
Their dosage strengths are included in their forms:
- Tablet (IR): 2 mg, 4 mg, and 8 mg
- Tablet (ER): 8 mg, 12 mg, 16 mg, and 32 mg
- Injection Solution: 10 mg/ml
- Oral Liquid: 5 mg/ml
- Prefilled Syringe: 0.2 mg/ml and 0.6 mg/ml.
Note: Dilaudid may be habit-forming. Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
Working: Functioning of Dilaudid
The primary function of Dilaudid is to act as an opioid agonist that binds with the various opioid receptors. The analgesic properties of the drug arise basically when it interacts with the particular receptors known as mu-opioid receptors.
Dilaudid also influences its effects on the central level of the medulla which leads to an afflict in the respiratory depression which results in cough suppression.
Potential Side Effects and Risks of Dilaudid
Take a look at some common side effects of Dilaudid:
- Pain in the abdomen or stomach pain
- Feeling tired
- Mood disorder (feelings of extreme happiness and sadness at the same time)
- Excessive sweating
- Mild itching
- Dry mouth
- Warmth sensation
- Tingly feeling
- Difficulty having bowel movements
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Swelling of face, arms, hands, and legs
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in urinating
- Pounding, slow, or irregular heartbeats
- Rapid breathing
- Sunken eyes
- Stiff neck
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trouble breathing
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Wrinkled skin
- Severe stomach pain
- Stomach cramps
- Burning sensation in stomach
Alternatives to Dilaudid
Here we’ll be providing you with a list of some secondary options (including non-medications) that can be used instead of Dilaudid medication drug. Take a quick look at some of the alternatives to Dilaudid.
1. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories: The drugs that come under the category of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories may help you in reducing swelling and pain. The medications or painkillers that are considered in this class are Motrin, Excedrin, Aleve, and Advil.
2. Acetaminophen: Acetaminophen is basically an active ingredient for various medicines such as Tylenol, Panadol, Paracetamol, and many other drugs. These drugs are effective in reducing moderate pain complications. These medications can be taken in combination with anti-inflammatory drugs for an identical effect. All the medications that are from the Acetaminophen category, don’t make their impact on swelling.
3. Non-opioid Prescription Medications: One of the best examples and most preferred medications in this list is Gabapentin which is a part of Gabapentinoids. Gabapentinoids (Gabapentin and Pregabalin) are mainly an antiepileptic agent that is commonly used to treat neuropathic pain. These types of medications are often available as anti-seizure drugs. Calming down the vigorously firing nerves is the primary function of these drugs.
4. Non-Drug Treatment: Massage, gently patting with ice, stretching, physical therapy, acupuncture or several types of relaxation techniques are some of the other treatment options rather than medications that may help relieve individuals suffering from Chronic Pain (CP).